Back to RockSquawk.com         Squawk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Chatter    Latest Black Maria Poop and Scandal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Black Maria Poop and Scandal
 Login/Join

posted
Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? Not sure what the traffic (if any!) situation is around here, but since this was the first place Black Maria had any sort of web presence, it seems only fitting that we would start here with our latest news.

After retreating to the underground for the last year or so, Black Maria resurfaced publicly twice in December 2012. Those gigs were performed as an instrumental act. Despite the lack of vocals, the reaction to the sets was positive. As encouraging as that was, Black Maria is not an instrumental band.

Sooo...with that in mind, Black Maria is pleased to announce that local Rock/Metal vocalist/badass/music fiend, Roman Barham has joined our humble ensemble as our new vocalist.

This is the first line-up change in the ten year history of Black Maria. We are stoked to welcome Roman, who is replacing our original singer, Marc Crovella. Marc, as some of you may know, has left Albuquerque (and Black Maria) to travel the world as the new lead singer for the popular, 1970's-80's Metal-Lite band, Journey.

We love Marc, miss him and certainly wish him the best in all his endeavours.

(still the best) Hated (band in town).....

Posts: 3538 | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey Black, Good to hear you guys are back at it, I was starting to wonder. Sounds like Marc is on quite a journey. (sorry couldn't resist). Good luck to all' ya. Be sure to post show dates.

I think this is first time I've checked this forum in about2 years. Really too bad its fallen by the wayside. What would it take to get people to come back?

Posts: 133 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Photobucket

posted Hide Post
Fuck yeah! Check out all those mofucking skulls! Long live Black Maria.

Where all the old squawk era hellions at? I'm talking about you black, simfonik mike, dr. Thunda, voodoo, musk, Levi eleven, bartimus, left brain, kronik rob, etc, etc...I miss all the trashy, incestuous, venue slappin, sex laden, double entendred shit talkin and shameless self promotion of yesteryear.

In the spirit of the squawk, I will be hosting a reunion at Low Spirits this Saturday night 3/2/13. In typical squawk style I expect 2 responses to this post and at least 0 of you to actually show up.

Posts: 1402 | Location: toadstoolin' | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pics or ur not "back."

Posts: 1377 | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pics?

That would involve technology and some of you probably remember Black Maria's relationship with technology.

I will however look into a nice charcoal sketch or perhaps one of those goofy caricatures like you can get at the fair.

Do you think they would do that for drink tickets?

56 strings

posted Hide Post
i still pop in and check to see if anything's been going on around here, but obviously there isn't really anything going on around here these days.

-----------------------------------------
http://ghost-circles.bandcamp.com

Posts: 1562 | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yes, We Did!!!

posted Hide Post
Namaste, gentle friends.

yeti hands (please notice that I did not capitalise your "handle" in order to convey my respect, tolerance and acceptance of your choice of internet self-affirmation insofar as your "handle" goes, and to, in some small way, let you know that I am an anti-capitalist myself), I believe that the current state of Rocksquawk is in no small way due to the fact that we all FINALLY have a President that is competent, popular, and that all of the denizens of Rocksquawk can all get behind. That President is none other than Barack Obama.

Remember those shitty bush years? All the fighting on the board? The unpopular wars? Those years of inequality and injustice? Gone since 2008. They were a HUGE for this board, though. Coincidence? Search your feelings. If you fail to find the correct answer, consult the crystals. If they do not respond in the appropriate manner, deign (with great respect) to approach the mighty mushroom. If, after this, you fail to arrive at the predetermined, appropriately sanctioned conclusion, then it's just you. Seek truth and you will find it, know it.

Black, I applaud your band's eschewing of technology. Personally, I would prefer to live in a Ralph Bakshi-esque 'Wizards' style world where we could all valiantly fight our technologically savvy republican bastard overlords like fuck until movies of nazis were projected behind us on the sky. Or on huge movie screens. Or on huge movie screens made out of the fucking sky. MOVIE SCREENS MADE OUT OF THE FUCKING SKY!

Sorry, I started typing this at the advent of approaching the mighty mushroom. I am flabbergasted, eyes agog, and unable to raise my sword.

Stukas are coming!

"I'm in Black Maria. Check that, fool!"

Posts: 314 | Location: the City Different, Taos Pueblo | Registered: August 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yes, We Did!!!

posted Hide Post
Namaste, gentle friends. An aside:

yeti hands (please notice that, once again, I did not capitalise your "handle" in order to convey my respect, tolerance and acceptance of your choice of internet self-affirmation insofar as your "handle" goes, and to, in a very real and, perhaps, legally binding way), may I very gently suggest to you that, actually, I think it would be a positive gesture to our wonderful, yet simple Tibetan and Himalayan Friends if you would go ahead and capitalise the "yeti" in your "handle".

Confront your ego.

Ask it some questions.

"I'm in Black Maria. Check that, fool!"

Posts: 314 | Location: the City Different, Taos Pueblo | Registered: August 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As much as I would like to believe that a more tolerant and respectful Wiccan Earth Goddess has appeared, the lack of proper use of all lower case letters in my "handle", creates suspicion and doubt. I am however happy to know that at least someone has kind words for the lack of care Black Maria gives technology.

also;

Stukas Over Bedrock!

~Time Keeper~

posted Hide Post
So when is the cd release happening?
(And we'd like an opening slot yo)

Posts: 1435 | Location: Alb, NM | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator - Holiday Sail

posted Hide Post
WooHooters! I check in occasionally, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted in...? But yea for Black Maria new singer and no technology!

-Rob
www.myspace.com/holidaysail
www.myspace.com/batwingsforlabrats

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 483 | Location: Albuturkey Reprazent. | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What's up everybody! That's awesome BM is still laying it down. I've caught a few sets with the new singer (Roman) and he sounds great.

Posts: 4224 | Location: Burque | Registered: July 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post